Registration is now open for International Vision Expo East, the complete eyecare event. The event, co-owned by The Vision Council and Reed Exhibitions, will return to New York’s Javits Center March 14-17, 2013 (Education: March 14-17, Exhibition: March 15-17), to showcase the largest collection of eyewear, accessories, leading-edge medical equipment technologies and continuing education, under one roof.
“Last year our event broke historical attendance records,” said Tom Loughran, vice president for Reed Exhibitions. “This year we’re back with more educational offerings, expanded networking opportunities and – of course – the latest selection of product launches, lines and licenses from renowned brands and emerging designers that you won’t find anywhere else.”
Perfectly timed for spring, buyers can source hot-off-the-runway collections in one sleek, sophisticated, fashion-forward shopping experience. The updated floor plan at International Vision Expo East offers eight pavilions, spanning four levels, allowing eyecare professionals to compare and source the most products and trends in one place.
In addition to presenting the newest in eyewear trends and high-tech equipment, eyecare professionals can select from more than 325 hours of groundbreaking continuing education, developed by a conference advisory board representing the breadth of the field. Whether you are trying to keep pace with relevant practice management trends or need help understanding new government mandated tasks, the conference program has something for every role and experience level. Focusing on your core competencies — disease diagnosis, treatment and management; clinical application of products; and healthy business solutions – informative classroom instruction connects to hands-on knowledge at the expansive exhibits.
New for 2013, the conference advisory board has added the following features to the program:
- Chief eXperience Officer Certificate (CXO): Designate and empower a CXO in your practice to drive and implement extraordinary customer service. Differentiate your business from the internet and increase patient satisfaction, loyalty and profits. Learn how to create demand and desire for your personalized approach to eyewear and eyecare delivery.
- Macular Degeneration and Nutritional Supplements Learn how nutritional supplements can add significant benefit in saving vision for patients with macular degeneration. Nutritional supplements also have a very positive effect on OSD. Join our panelists throughout the conference to get all of the latest information on this important technology in optometry.
- OD/MD Collaborative Care ODs practicing with MDs is quickly becoming a common form of practice. Listen to these partnership teams discuss how they work together to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Guided Practice Modules These panels discuss various management secrets and give information that a busy practitioner can take back to their practice and implement immediately. Learn step-by-step regarding contact lens, lens pricing, recall, and appointment strategy. Different solutions suit different practice styles, so get the heads up on several different ways to solve a problem.
- Glaucoma Many practitioners are anxious to get started actively treating glaucoma but aren't sure where to start. With the many recent changes in technology and pharmacology it can be confusing. Our entirely new glaucoma program will take you from the beginning of treating glaucoma to more complicated cases.
- Frame Buyer Sessions All new classes and speakers for 2013; Streamline the process of managing, monitoring, positioning and promoting your frame inventory -- what today's frame buyer needs to know, from industry experts.
Access the full conference schedule, course handouts, handouts, evaluations and all show floor content on your phone or tablet with Vision Expo Mobile. Download the app before you arrive at www.VisionExpoMobile.com.
Take advantage of all that New York City has to offer, including the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade. International Vision Expo has secured discounts on hotel and travel, dining, transportation, entertainment and other special events, to help make your trip to the big city easy and affordable. All travel, hotel, shopping, dining and entertainment information can be found in the ‘travel and entertainment’ section of the website at www.visionexpoeast.com.
For more information and to register, please visit www.visionexpoeast.com.
For any further information please contact:
Tel: (703) 740-2248